We’re recruiting, for a Healthcare Researcher Manager no less!
January 29th 2016
The Economist Intelligence Unit has an unrivalled reputation for providing governments, public sector organisations and companies with authoritative analysis on key issues for their businesses.
Bazian, a consultancy within the EIU healthcare practice, offers independent, specialised healthcare research analysis, evidence synthesis and services to disseminate research findings. Its advice helps clients understand the effectiveness and value of healthcare interventions and their context or place in healthcare markets.
Bazian is seeking a Healthcare Researcher Manager for one year fixed term contract, to lead its healthcare research analyst team (maternity cover). The successful applicant will primarily supervise and train the team in the delivery of high quality healthcare research analysis and projects. You will also be expected to undertake research and provide quality assurance for other outputs, as well as writing proposals, designing projects and supporting the business development team in engaging with potential clients.
You will work with a dynamic team of healthcare analysts in multi-country project engagements alongside other parts of the EIU. This exciting opportunity will include responsibility in delivering innovative projects relating to value consulting, evidence reviews and healthcare research dissemination.
In the role you would be expected to:
- Represent Bazian and EIU Healthcare to clients and stakeholders
- Provide supervisory input to and quality assure the team outputs
- Support the business development team by writing proposals and the technical parts of tender responses
- Support the marketing team by writing white papers and newsletter pieces as needed
- Extract and synthesise quantitative and qualitative data from research or healthcare information
- Interpret and communicate conclusions from research or healthcare information
- Plan and monitor team resource and allocate work among the team
- Provide methodological training for the team
- Lead programme and project teams in executing either single or multi-country project engagement in the healthcare industry
- Mentor and guide the team, ensuring that they meet their performance goals and successfully grow their careers at Bazian
- Work collaboratively with other teams within Bazian and EIU Healthcare
- Review and appraise research
Experience, skills and professional attributes:
To succeed in the role you must have:
- A science or health related degree from a top tier university
- Postgraduate qualification or post-degree (e.g. PhD or equivalent) or equivalent experience in a health related field
- Experience in managing a healthcare team in the production of high quality analytical outputs
- Relevant experience in healthcare business consulting
- Excellent organisational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Experience in communicating complex concepts and information clearly
- Experience in conducting health research or research design, evaluation and interpretation
- Exceptional command of written and spoken English, good command of a second language is an advantage
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Proven track record in project execution in the healthcare sector
- Well-developed conceptual thinking and an ability to problem solve
- Highly analytical, organised work with a meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced team structure with self-management to tight deadlines
- Willingness to travel
- Excellent analytical, numerical, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Experience of working under pressure, setting priorities and managing tight deadlines and enabling others to do so
Apply for this job online