Information specialist services
Case study: Royal College of Surgeons Commissioning Guidance Support
Bazian has a team of experienced health and social care Information Specialists that contribute to a range of long and short-term projects. They regularly work face to face with clients to fully understand their goals so that they can develop bespoke, client specific, pragmatic solutions.
Our Information Specialist team is an internal resource that – working alongside our Health Research Analysts and clinicians - is integral to Bazian’s products and services and usually the first step in most of our projects
However, thanks (as they say) to popular demand, Bazian now also offers the expertise of this team directly to clients, via a range of specialised information-based services. These include:
- Systematic searches and appraisals (again fit for purpose), ranging from rapid turnaround tasks that take less than a day, to fully-fledged multiple systematic reviews for guideline purposes over a number of months.
- Evidence scans or landscape mapping searches, allowing a client to better understand where the evidence lies and, sometimes more importantly, where there are evidence gaps in the literature.
- Horizon scanning of published and/or grey literature, using objective criteria to identify and then tag or prioritise key articles; these can be used to build evidence awareness services.
- Coding and indexing of literature sources, including the use and development of taxonomies and ontologies, and the use of content management systems.
- Producing rapid evidence reports outlining types of studies found and relative strengths and weaknesses, including short narrative reviews depending on the client’s needs.
- Search, sifting and prioritisation of search results according to pre-agreed criteria, including the development and application of taxonomies for published and grey literature.
- Critical appraisal of a wide range of study types, ranging from RCTs and systematic reviews to cohort and diagnostic test accuracy studies.
- Consultancy and advice on approaches to the searching, sifting and scanning of the medical, public health and social care literature.
If you’re interested in learning more about Bazian’s Information Specialist services in a specific project or just knowing more about us in general, please don’t hesitate to contact us.